Sunday, February 15, 2009

Project report

Well, I have finished some of the projects. The NICU flip and sews are done, along with "snakes" to match them. The housewarming gift is done and delivered, though I may add some additional items. I did finish 6 place mats and a hexagon table mat. A thank you gift for DD's friend who put them up for 5 days after the car accident until she flew to us is in the process of having binding attached, and should be finished this week. At the Project Linus sewing day, one of the other ladies had a knitted pincushion, and I asked if she had the pattern. She took my e-mail and sent me the instructions, so I promptly started in using up left over yarn, and I've made up 5 of these. If I don't have hand stitching on a quilt to do, I knit while watching TV, and I also knitted on these on the trip to Georgia. I'll include the instructions when I post a picture of them.

We've been so busy otherwise that I've just not had time to get the pictures transferred from the camera to the computer or post. I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep, so decided to write a short update. We went to Georgia again on Feb 6, and returned on the 8th. We drove up to the house to find that someone had run down our mailbox and a trash can, and there was trash scattered in the bar ditch for nearly 200 feet. There was a note stuck in the door from the deputy sheriff with a case number and so on. Surprisingly, when we called the trash people, they came out and picked up the trash, but apparently the person was driving the car is a relative of the owner of the company. DD had been there the night before packing up and moving more of her things and apparently this occurred during the night. DH did a makeshift repair job on the mailbox, but it should be replaced, and DD is getting the accident report and so on. This took a good bit of time, but I did manage to shred a lot of old documents, reducing the number of boxes of papers to bring home from 6 to 3, and my daughters and I packed up 3 boxes of dishes and stuff to bring. There's still a lot more, and I don't know when we'll get it. All 3 of my daughters and my granddaughter came over Saturday to help me go through stuff, and take some of their stuff to their homes, so we actually had a pleasant time. We left early Sunday morning so we could get home and get some rest before DH had to be back to work Monday morning.

This last week, we had new ceramic tile floors put in our bathrooms, with radiant heat in the master bath. We were actually without toilets for 3 days, and the one in the master bath still isn't reinstalled. We do have a Porta-Potti for camping, so we used that. The floor in the hall bath was fine to walk on Friday night, so we were able to use the shower in there, though DH didn't get the toilet installed until Saturday night. The floor in the master bath had to cure another day because it's thicker because of the heat mat, and it should have been finished today (Sunday), but we need an extra wax ring for the toilet, so DH will get that put in tomorrow. We did have a tile contractor lay the tile.

Maybe this next week, I can find time to get the pictures posted.

No comments: