Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fall Quilting for the Home

On Oct. 30, I dropped by my local quilt shop to see what was going on at the all-day sew-in. One of the shop owners had made up this runner from her stash using a free pattern from Hoffman Fabrics, "Oh Pumpkin, My Pumpkin." Several of the participants wanted to make this, as did I, so we picked out fabrics, and I helped the shop owner cut the fabric for several kits. Click on this picture for a sharper image.

I made the first block, then decided I didn't like how the placement of the oranges would work out in the runner, so I turned that block into a combination wall hanging/pillow sham. Right now it's hanging on the back of my front door, but I may move it to the sofa. Because I'd decided to bind this pillow sham, it occured to me later to just add a hanging sleeve so it could be used either way.

No comments: