Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Block of the Month

This block of the month started in June. I won't post the other blocks just yet, because I'm going to actually do each block 3 times. The block on the left is as I get the fabrics from the shop, and the block on the right is my second version. I'm going to do the third version in teal using Blank Quilting Company's Inspirations I, II, and III collections. Blank donates part of the proceeds from these fabrics, all in teal, to ovarian cancer research. My DGD loves the color combination of teal and brown, so the background on this will be a brown fusions fabric. I'm going to make an extra block in the blue and yellow/orange, and then turn those 25 blocks into throws and a pillow for each of my 5 grandsons, each one having a different combination of blocks. The teal and brown quilt for my granddaughter will be twin size. The blocks won't be done until next summer, so these will be for Christmas 2009. I'll post pictures of the 3 versions of each block as I finish the brown and teal blocks. This is block #5. The 12" blocks get put together with a sashing of the blue fabric with setting squares of yellow/orange squares sent on point with the corners of the blue.

1 comment:

Terri S said...

Carol, I gave you an award on my blog. I can't wait to see more of your work.