Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Pillow Panels

Pillow panels, craft panels, cheater cloth, whatever you want to call them, I enjoy hand quilting these printed panels, then turning them into sofa pillow shams. All during the years I worked, I could manage to to do this handwork when I didn't have time for piecing. I do this sort of thing while watching TV with my husband. The winter birds have very little quilting - just around the border and around the birds. But -- the birds are stuffed from the back making them 3-dimensional. These are 16" pillows. I like to switch out the shams in the living room either with the seasons or at my whim. The shams are also much easier to store and wash than pillows. I have several amongst my many UFOs that are quilted but not yet made into shams.

No comments: